Senior Product Designer
Engineering Degree or Technologist Diploma
Our client seeks an experienced Senior Product Designer to complement and support their Engineering Department. Their mission is to expand their environmentally sound and fuel efficient product through the application of sound engineering, quality manufacturing and customer-attentive marketing. They operate under 4 core values: respect, performance, innovation and quality. Imagine being a key member of their team!
- Design and improve mechanical and electromechanical components for radiant heating products responding to customer requirements and industry regulations; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Develop manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
- Evaluate systems and products applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, heat transfer, materials, and controls.
- Assure product quality by confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Maintain product database complying with company policy.
- Prepare engineering drawings using SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Prepare drawings and wiring diagrams for product manuals.
- Create BOM (Bill of Materials). Write (ECN) Engineering Change Notice.
- Participate in the DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis).
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing results as needed.
- 10+ years experience in a related field
- Experience in manufactured HVAC or gas product design
- Problem solving skills
- Strong Communication skills
- Time Management & multi-tasking skills
- Strong work ethic & professional integrity
- Efficiency, innovation, achievement & motivation
- Organizational commitment
- Relationship building