Our client is a Canadian, employee-owned consulting civil engineering firm specializing in providing civil, structural, geotechnical, hydrogeological and environmental services. They are currently seeking an Intermediate to Senior Civil Engineer/Designer to join their team in their Kemptville office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Planning and design of municipal infrastructure, water resources, environmental and land development projects involving: pumping stations, urban and rural roads, storm and sanitary sewers, watermain, stormwater management systems, site plan servicing design, subdivision servicing design, drainage and grading works, onsite septic disposal systems, parking lots, etc.
• Conceptual, preliminary, and final design
• Preparing construction drawings including coordination of utilities and other engineering disciplines and sub-consultants
• Construction inspection and contract administration
• Peer review of design reports and construction drawings submitted by other engineering consultants to confirm compliance with municipal and provincial design standards and project management functions
• Providing technical direction
Key Position Requirements:
• P.Eng. in the province of Ontario preferred
• Minimum of five years of municipal engineering experience
• Thorough understanding of relevant legislation, guidelines and standards
• Demonstrated abilities with business development and project acquisition
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including strong computer skills
• Demonstrated organizational and time management capabilities
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation