Our clients’ Construction Operation is seeking an experienced Senior Construction Project Manager to join their team of professionals based in the Vancouver, British Columbia office.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Provide strategic and operational support in growing and maintaining a sustainable Construction business.
• Client relationship management.
• Lead and develop construction project opportunities, with internal and external clients.
• Work in close collaboration with estimators, engineers and proposal team to prepare bids.
• Provide construction perspective and input for early contractor involvement (ECI) services, toward the development of engineering designs, drawings and specifications, and estimating in support of consulting practice.
• Full management of projects ranging from $500,000 to $25,000,000 in value in areas of ground engineering, civil infrastructure, and environmental remediation.
• Key point of contact with project Clients.
• Lead work and provide mentorship to more junior project managers, project coordinators and site personnel.
• Manage project financials and schedule.
• Manage project health and safety.
• Ensure project quality requirements are met.
• Engage and manage multiple subcontractors and suppliers.
• Review and understand contract agreement for the project.
• Support recruitment efforts to build core team and strengthen local capability and expertise within the Construction Operation.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Degree or Diploma in Civil or Environmental Engineering (or equivalent)
• Registration as a Professional Engineer an asset
• 15 years’ construction project experience with a minimum of 5 years as a Construction Project Manager
• Demonstrated experience in the management of earthworks and civil infrastructure projects
• Certification in project management or several years direct project management experience a definite asset
• Experience in the management of Health and Safety and a demonstrated “Safety-First” focus attitude
• Knowledge of British Columbia and Alberta construction industry
• Experience in estimating, scheduling, cost control and contract management
• Proven ability to liaise with clients and consultants in the management of site staff and subcontractors in multi-disciplinary teams
• Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
• Highly motivated self-starter
• Available for business travels (remote sites) and extended working hours as required