Our client, in Toronto, is seeking a Regional Manager to join their team. This person would be responsible for business development for Central and Eastern Canada, in order to expand the portfolio of mechanical engineering design for commercial, institutional, recreational, and residential development projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Client Management and Business Development:
• Develop new business opportunities while maintaining and growing current business and client relationships;
• Prepare proposal/fee letters, negotiate fees and contracts with Owners, and obtain signed contracts from clients;
• Work with clients to provide the best and most appropriate design solutions for their projects;
• Analyze client design proposals and specifications to determine cost effective solutions;
• Identify and address the need for additional services and fees to clients in a timely fashion.
• Coordinate and manage Mechanical engineering projects of various sizes and complexity;
• Ensure the projects are managed successfully in terms of design and staff and that they are completed on schedule and on budget to meet or exceed client expectations;
• Lead the project team to ensure technical accuracy of project deliverables;
• Provide guidance to clients, technical staff and sub consultants to ensure projects are technically sound and completed successfully;
• Manage project activities throughout lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, documentation and other factors necessary for success;
• Ensure professional quality services in all facets of work;
• Provide quality and cost control during the design and construction process;
• Strive to accomplish company goal of quality workmanship by improving quality of designs and setting standards;
• Prepare and review specification and concept reports;
• Maintain project schedules and project cost summaries to track work progress, budget status and manpower resource utilization.
• Provide leadership and mentoring to a group of young energetic and inquisitive technicians and engineers;
• Work with senior designers in the office to establish protocols and procedures and discuss technical issues;
• Oversee the development of staff competence and assist in the training and teaching of new technicians & engineers.
• 15+ years of experience in the mechanical consulting industry
• P.Eng or CET preferred
• Experience with business development initiatives and client interaction
• Strong communication skills, professional presentation, and technical expertise
• Strong writing skills and a high level of attention to detail
• Proven group management experience