Our client, located in Toronto, ON, is seeking an Environmental Project Manager to join their team in order to manage environmental projects of varying complexity, and to act as the primary liaison for one or more clients.
The company is a well-established and respected consulting company providing environmental, geotechnical and related services to private- and public-sector clients throughout Ontario. Their services include transactional due diligence, brownfields redevelopment, contaminated site assessment and remediation/risk assessment, environmental liability management, facilities management, consulting/legal support, geotechnical investigation and design, construction inspection and materials testing, health and safety consulting and auditing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to a Senior Project Manager, the Project Manager will be responsible for managing moderately complex Phase I/Phase II environmental site assessments, site remediation, risk assessments, and other projects as assigned within his/her area of expertise.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities and accountabilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Develop scopes of work and prepare and submit proposals;
• Manage projects from start to finish, including designing work programs, identifying and allocating resources, planning, delegating and scheduling project tasks, managing budgets and deliverables;
• Prepare accurate and complete reports and perform QA/QC on technical work;
• Develop and maintain trustful relationships with clients;
• Provide technical expertise and advice to project staff;
• Promote safety culture in all aspects of work; and,
• Participate in business development and other corporate activities and initiatives.
• University degree in a relevant field, such as environmental science/studies, earth science, geology, chemistry, biology, environmental/civil engineering, environmental technology, site assessment and remediation;
• 8-12 years of experience in a an environmental consulting role;
• Professional designation (P. Eng. P. Geo., C.E.T., E.P.) is an asset;
• A thorough understanding of relevant environmental regulations/guidelines is required, including O. Reg. 153/04, Reg. 903, O. Reg. 278/05, CSA standards;
• Logical approach, detail oriented, strong leadership and strategic thinking skills;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Good judgment and analytical mind; and,
• Ability to prioritize effectively to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.