Our client in Richmond, BC is seeking a Mechanical Designer specializing in Building Services (HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Protection, etc.) to join their team!
This individual MUST have experience in Mechanical Building Systems.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Performing specific tasks assigned by Principal or Project Manager in defined time
• Perform site surveys as required
• Perform CAD tasks assigned within given hours
• Adhere to AutoCAD and AutoCAD MEP standards
• Check layouts and services for continuity
• Co-ordination of drawings with codes
• Supervision of drawings between other disciplines
• Prepare AutoCAD drawings from sketches, mark-ups and/or design
• When requested to prepare CAD drawing from sketches or mark-ups, upon completion verify CAD drawings against such sketches to ensure accuracy of work
• Check layouts of mechanical services for interferences with other components of the building such as structure, ceilings, lighting, etc.
• Develop details and layout of mechanical rooms and service spaces.
• Any other tasks assigned by Principals or Project Managers required to assist in the success of the firm
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Degree or Diploma from an accredited institution in Mechanical Engineering/Technology
• 3-10+ years of experience in the field of mechanical building services
• CET or EIT/P.Eng designation
• Canadian industry experience in HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protections Systems
• LEED, Built Green and Passive house experience is an asset
• Able to work well in a team environment
• High level of verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Products