Our client is looking for a Regional Business Development Leader focusing on Building Science to join their team in their Mississauga, Ontario office.
This individual will use their local connections to drive business development activities in the region for the Building Science Division.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Business Development:
o Identify, develop, and maintain new and existing contacts with clients as well as identifying project opportunities.
o Promote the company at relevant professional organizations, industry events, and tradeshows to establish new client connections.
• Strategic Planning
o Assist in the development of new services in accordance with company goals and objectives
o Working with other Department Heads and Executives to develop and maintain project management control systems and document standards companywide
o Responsible for group financial performance ensuring group budgets are prepared on time and profit and utilization targets are met.
• Supervision of Staff
o Coordinating group resources, including employee allocation, equipment control and maintenance, vacation scheduling, weekend resources, etc.
o Ensuring all staff are following established QC protocols.
• Coordination of Project Activities
o Overseeing preparation of contract documents to company standards.
o Coordinating work and client contacts with other groups within the company.
o Making suggestions to Department Managers and/or Vice President to continually improve work quality
Required Qualifications and Skills for this position will include:
• Bachelor of Science or Applied Science in Civil, Environmental, Structural, or Mechanical Engineering with a focus on a Building Science related discipline
• P.Eng or CET will be considered an asset
• 10- 15+ years of experience
• Proven success in business development locally
• Ability to provide leadership, supervision, training, and technical guidance to staff
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Must be able to read and edit technical specifications, drawings and reports
• Must have strong interpersonal, presentation and team building skills