Our client in Richmond, BC is seeking an experienced Mechanical Project Manager to join their team. The Project Manager will be responsible for multi-disciplinary deliverables from retrofit applications to new construction. The ideal candidate will have a mechanical contracting background with experience in contract management.
• Manage design build projects.
• Ability to budget and estimate mechanical work.
• Effectively manage the labour work force on respective projects.
• Build and strengthen subcontractor relationships; review contracts for scope, maintain productivity, quality, costs and execution.
• Participate in client and construction meetings as required and relay the information to the work force and subcontractors.
• Initiate set-up, monitoring and update of project schedule with project team.
• Responsible for overall financial performance of assigned projects.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience working as a Project Manager, within construction.
• Post-Secondary education in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Journeyman ticket would be an asset.
• GSC (Gold Seal Certification) or PMP is strongly recommended.
• Ability to interpret site and building plans and specifications.
• Experienced with, and a willingness to train and mentor team members.
• Working knowledge of contract terms and conditions.
• Ability to work autonomously with frequent travel to site locations.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office.
• General understanding of QA / QC as well as Health and Safety practices and requirements.
• Design/build experience is an asset.