Our client, in Edmonton, AB, is currently seeking a Senior Business Development Executive with strong experience in Buildings Engineering Consulting.
The Edmonton operation provides architecture, engineering, interior design, and planning. The practice has a local portfolio of mixed use, residential, hospitality, retail, healthcare, education, industrial, civic and workplace projects, and access to a wide portfolio of building types and thought leaders located throughout the world.
Reporting directly to the Regional Business Leader, you will be leading business development activities, developing client relationships and providing mentorship to emerging leaders within the firm. You will be playing a pivotal role in leading the way towards diversifying the client and project base as well as participating in securing and executing strategic projects.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Sustaining and growing revenue within the primary business sectors, helping to achieve top line growth, and working collaboratively with the other leaders to achieve key operational performance metrics.
• Leading local business development pursuits and coordinating a core team of professionals to achieve business development and financial goals.
• Shaping the firm’s vision and purpose within the company’s commitment to quality design and design for communities.
• Working with other business leaders, assisting with developing the annual business plan and budget.
• Contributing to the development and execution of the national business strategy for the Buildings group, with accountability for region-specific strategies and priorities.
• Supporting overall leadership in strategic pursuits.
• Assist in resource management processes, recruitment, career development, succession planning, coaching and mentoring, and leadership development.
• Participate in employees’ career development and performance review sessions, salary reviews and bonus evaluations.
• Working collaboratively with the other leaders to achieve key business development, financial and operational performance goals.
• Collaborate with Regional and National Leader’s to develop and leverage expertise across offices.
• Facilitate collaboration among integrated practice groups (i.e. Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering).
Marketing and Business Development:
• Developing and stewarding marketing and business development plans, budgets, and key performance indicators.
• Participating in and leading (when required) marketing efforts, and business development pursuits, including lead development, proposal preparation, presentations, relationship management and client surveys.
• Overseeing post-win deliverables.
• Maintain presence within local and regional award submissions and publications. Assist in award submission project selections, content development and contribute to publication material
• Assist in the development of a PR strategy at the local level in concert with the company’s public relations strategy. Be responsible for developing and managing the marketing and business development plan including implementation of ‘must win’ strategies for growing net revenue.
• Developing and maintaining relationships and visibility with current and prospective clients, sub-consultants, competitor/teaming partners, and potential recruits.
• Attending selected conferences and maintaining active memberships in associations (such as board posts and committee memberships).
• Assist in development of the annual business plan and budget.
• Partner with leadership in the review and finalization of the budget.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
• Exceptional leader with strong business acumen, entrepreneur spirit, and backed with technical expertise.
• Demonstrate strengths, experience, and drive to effectively lead, challenge, and inspire the leadership group and staff to work together cohesively as a team.
• Strong business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base (such experience within a consulting organization in Edmonton is considered a strong asset).
• Strong understanding of the Edmonton market and industry trends is preferred.
• Knowledge of market assessment techniques, insights, and contacts.
• Exceptional leadership, communication, and team-building skills.
• An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting-services provider.
Education and Experience:
• 20 years of experience in the Engineering/Buildings industry or within a consulting environment.
• A degree in buildings engineering (mechanical, electrical, structural) field or technical diploma in a related discipline and registration preferred.