Our client is a Canadian, employee-owned consulting civil engineering firm specializing in environmental, municipal, structural, transportation and water resources engineering. They are seeking an experienced engineer that is interested in taking on a leadership role in managing and developing a wastewater engineering group within the Environmental Engineering Department. This role would be based out of their head office in Collingwood, Ontario.
The work involved in this role includes Class Environmental Assessments, master servicing plans, feasibility studies, modelling, technical assessments, preliminary and final design, preparation of contract documents, applications for permits and approvals, consultation with MOECC and other agencies, and construction contract administration and inspection.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead a group of project managers and technical support staff
- Staff management including determining needs, goal setting and staff mentoring, coaching and direction
- Project management and design of wastewater pumping station, treatment facility and effluent disposal projects
- Coordination of design teams (all disciplines)
- Lead on Class EA studies, servicing plans and other technical studies and reports
- Technical review of reports, drawings and specifications, cost estimates, approval applications, etc.
- Liaison with clients and approval agencies
- Business development, building client relationships, promotional efforts and proposals
Key Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- P.Eng. licence in Ontario with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with a consulting engineering firm
- Motivation for professional growth and ambition to lead and develop a team focused on superior client service
- Project management experience, including budget and schedule control
- Strong verbal and written communication, organizational and time management skills
- Thorough knowledge of relevant Ontario legislation and regulations, MOECC policies and guidelines and experience with the MEA Municipal Class EA for water and wastewater projects
- Experience in the assessment and design of wastewater pumping and treatment facilities and on-site effluent disposal systems
- Highly proficient across the full range of design activities, from conceptual design to preparation of detailed design drawings and contract documents
- Experience with construction contract administration