Our client in Waterloo, ON is eagerly seeking a Junior to Intermediate Geotechnical Project Manager to join their team.
This person would help to support their Geotechnical Engineering Group across the GTA and Southern Ontario.
The Geotechnical Engineering Group is relatively new but has hit the ground running in order to meet today’s demanding market, and to provide their current and potential clientele with the highest quality of diversified geoscience engineering. Because of this, career advancement within this group is unlimited.
This challenging role requires a dynamic individual who should be capable of the following:
Technical Duties and Responsibilities
• Geotechnical engineering evaluations including, but not limited to, the following:
• Soil and bedrock engineering design parameters;
• Shallow and deep foundation design;
• Slope stability analysis;
• Seepage analysis;
• Erosion Control;
• Earth Retention Systems;
• Excavation, dewatering and shoring; and
• Pavement structure performance investigation and design.
• Coordinate and carry out surface and subsurface site investigations, including borehole logging, sampling of soil and rock and geological mapping;
• Aggregate laboratory testing, as well as materials testing and inspection including, foundation inspections, rebar inspections, concrete sampling and testing,
• Filing and management of all project related field notes including some data entry and assistance with report preparation and writing.
Business Development/Client Management
• Perform direct marketing and developing work for new and existing clients
• Participate in company marketing initiatives
• Meet with clients to determine project requirements
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• University degree in Geotechnical, Civil or Geological Engineering or related degree and experience
• 3-5 years’ experience in a geotechnical engineering role
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook), as well as geotechnical engineering software (slope stability, seepage, finite element programs, etc.).
• Demonstrated organizational skills and initiative
• Excellent technical writing skills for preparing geotechnical engineering reports
• This position may require work related travel. Therefore, a valid driver’s license, insurance, and personal vehicle is required (work-related travel expenses will be compensated)
• Registered EIT through PEO, working towards a P.Eng designation, is considered an asset
• CCIL – Category “0” Concrete Technician and/or Category “C” Aggregate Technician will be considered an asset
• Prior experience in consulting engineering or construction is considered an asset