Our client in Mississauga/Toronto, Ontario is looking for a Jr. Project Manager or Engineer/Scientist focusing on Environmental Due Diligence & Remediation for their team!
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Conducting field related activities for Spill Response, Environmental Site Assessment and Remediation projects
• Preparing detailed field notes and documentation to support the evaluation of environmental conditions at client sites
• Reviewing and interpreting laboratory analytical reports
• Preparing reports, summarizing data and drawings
• Assisting in the coordination of field programs with contractors and other stakeholders
• Maintaining and enhancing quality control within the group
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• A Bachelor of Science or Applied Science, or Bachelor of Engineering from an accredited institution
• 5-10 years of experience within environmental consulting
• P.Eng. or P.Geo. designation is an asset
• Competent in the execution of Subsurface Investigations/Phase II Environmental Site Assessments, and application of sound technical field collection methods
• Project Management experience involving spill response, environmental site assessment, and remediation projects.
• Extensive experience with excavation supervision is required
• Experience working to support environmental spills and/or insurance related projects ideal.
• Experience with excavations below a building footprint (using underpinning or similar structural engineering supports) an asset.
• Experience with supervising in situ remediation using chemical oxidation an asset
• Proficient with report preparation, including data interpretation and creation of appendices for subsurface investigation and remediation reports
• Must possess familiarity with invoicing, budgeting, and other areas of project related financial management
• Experience with business development initiatives and client interaction an asset
• Access to a personal vehicle, valid driver’s license, and insurance
• Ability to obtain security clearance when required