Our client in Mississauga/Toronto, Ontario is looking for an Environmental Scientist specializing in Hazardous Materials Management to join their team!
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Inspection of abatement projects (asbestos, lead, mould) to monitor contractor’s compliance with company specifications, industry standards and applicable regulations.
• Air monitoring for asbestos and analysis by phase contrast microscopy (PCM).
• Other types of air monitoring, including RCS, Air-o-cell, CO2, Temperature and Humidity, etc., as required on a project-by-project basis.
• Building Surveys for asbestos, mould and designated substances.
• Collecting comprehensive field notes and generating client reports from employee notes.
• Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (“ESAs), Phase II ESA’s, Phase III ESA’s, etc.).
• Proposal and report writing.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• A University degree or college diploma in Environmental Science or related discipline.
• 1-2+ Years previous consulting experience preferred but not mandatory.
• Related experience in a similar capacity would be considered an asset.
• Time and resource management- ability to multitask.
• Willingness to be flexible with hours of work and client demands.
• Ability to work effectively with fellow staff, project managers, senior management and clients; demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong written/verbal English communications.
• Excellent attention to detail (required for field notes, reporting and data collection).
• Valid driver’s license and adequate insurance is required (work related travel will be compensated).
• General to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs.