Our client in Burnaby/Vancouver, BC is looking for a Track/Railway Design Engineer to join their team!
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Take a proactive hands-on role in track design projects.
• Development and production of horizontal and vertical track alignment designs, cross sections, special trackwork detailing, setting out and railway embankment grading and drainage drawings
• Development of ballasted and non-ballasted track forms
• Development and production of regulatory drawings for at-grade road/rail crossings
• Assessment of rail vehicle/infrastructure clearances
• Quality control checking of track designs and associated reports prior to submission
• Liaison with other railway engineers to ensure all work is completed to a high standard and with a consistent approach
• Calculation of quantities and preparation of cost estimates
• Preparation of project specifications for materials and construction
• Provide assistance to Project Managers
• Comply with company Quality Management, Safety, and Environmental policies
• Complete fieldwork, as required, involving design development, as well as, completing periodic and as built conditions during construction
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Bachelor Degree from an accredited University engineering program, or equivalent
• 5+ years of experience in railway track engineering
• P.Eng designation with APEGBC or ability to register
• Must have a strong technical understanding of track alignment and track form design for standard trackwork, special trackwork, ballasted and non-ballasted track and associated grading and drainage
• Experience with grading, drainage, and track alignment design for mainlines, sidings, industrial yards and spur tracks, intermodal and transload facilities, subway, commuter and light rail transit
• Ability to complete conceptual plans, preliminary & detailed designs and cost estimating.
• Track construction supervision experience will be considered an asset.
• Preferred Software experience - AutoCad, MicroStation, Civil 3D, In Roads, In Rail, MX Rail, Bentley Rail Track, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with AREMA, Class 1 Railroad and Light Rail Transit design and construction requirements.