Our client is looking for an Environmental Operations Manager specializing in Environmental Due Diligence & Remediation to join their team at their Barrie, Ontario office!
This individual will develop business and the office through managing project opportunities from prospective clients, leading the office, and staffing the office.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Establish effective client relationships directly with Barrie-based clients and new potential clients
• Develop and recognize new market opportunities for the company within the Barrie / Simcoe County and surrounding areas, and work with leaders in other Practice Line groups to identify opportunities that span existing offices
• Provide technical consulting expertise in the area of Environmental Due Diligence & Remediation. An understanding of other specialities (i.e., Hazardous Materials, Mould/Indoor Air Quality, Building Sciences, etc.) would be considered an asset
• Participate in strategy sessions with Senior staff
• Attend professional association events and provide presentations and/or seminars as required to promote company services
• Assume responsibility for the office’s financial performance
• Actively participate in staffing the office in collaboration with the Operations Director
• Coordinate group resources, including employee allocation, equipment control and maintenance, vacation scheduling, weekend resources, etc.
• Perform Project Management duties for select clients and projects, maintaining a personal utilization of at least 50%
• Provide technical guidance to employees
• Oversee preparation of contract documents
• Work with employees to develop and instill goals set in performance planning
Required Skills and Qualifications for this position will include:
• University degree from an accredited institutional in a related field
• P.Eng or P.Geo designation
• 10+ years of experience involving project management, business development, and leadership of people.
• Experience in the engineering consulting industry within the Barrie area would be considered an asset
• Intermediate to advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Professional presentation and strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• A valid driver’s license, insurance & personal vehicle (work related travel expenses will be compensated)