Our clients’ Richmond, BC office is currently seeking a Project Technologist to join the Building Science and Sustainability Group.
The Building Science Group provides integrated solutions to commercial, institutional, industrial and residential clients who require reliable and cost effective project delivery in both new and retrofit applications. The combined skills of engineers, technicians and support personnel with their diverse backgrounds in design, project management and construction provide clients with a team recognized as leaders in the field.
The successful candidate will demonstrate sound knowledge and understanding of building systems including general knowledge of structure, building enclosures, mechanical and electrical systems (including fire and life-safety systems), roofing systems, interior elements, site features, etc.
• Degree in Civil Engineering, Building Engineering, Architecture or diploma in Architectural/Civil Technology
• Entry level to 5 years of experience in engineering or architecture related to building assessments
• Sound construction knowledge
• Experience conducting Baseline Property Condition Assessments in accordance with the ASTM Standard E 2018-15 "Standard Guide for Property Condition Assessments" would be an asset
• Commercial Building Inspector experience is an asset
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Property Condition Assessments
• Building Investigations
• Reserve Fund Studies
• Technical report writing
All technical staff require a car, valid driver’s license, and insurance as travel around the designated region is occasionally required. There are times when security clearance is required in order to gain access to a job site so a Criminal Background Check will be conducted.
Recognized for ten years in a row as a “Best Place to Work” by the Great Places to Work Institute, our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package, annual profit share bonuses, RRSP matching, a fitness reimbursement program and many other perks and benefits.