Our clients’ Richmond, BC office is currently seeking a Project Manager to manage all aspects of Property Condition Assessments (PCA). This individual will oversee projects, provide technical leadership for a team of support staff, and facilitate continued growth and expansion of the group through client management and business development activities.
The Building Science and Sustainability Group provides integrated solutions to commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential real estate clients who require reliable and cost effective project delivery in both new and retrofit construction. The combined skills of engineers, architects, technicians, and support personnel with their diverse backgrounds in design, project management, and construction provide clients with a team recognized as leaders in the field.
Highlights of the role:
• Challenging work with a diverse group of national, regional and local clients
• Opportunities in client management, including participation in initiatives with the marketing department to build new client relationships and maintain existing ones
• Managing PCAs and overseeing projects through to successful completion
• Building your leadership and mentorship skills by working with junior staff and a support team
• Partnering with administration support staff to address the financial aspects of project work
• Significant growth potential
• Responsible for all aspects of project delivery in the Property Condition Assessment service line
• Schedule and supervise staff and liaise between clients and other stakeholders
• Represent the company in a professional and courteous manner
• Participate in business development and marketing to new and existing clients
• Foster and maintain long-term client relationships
• Degree in Civil Engineering, Building Engineering, Architecture or diploma in Architectural/Civil Technology
• 5 or more years of relevant experience with assessment of building elements including a sound knowledge of building and site elements such as Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Fire and Life-Safety, Envelope, Interiors, and Site Features
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Excellent with time and people management
• Attention to detail with high level writing skills
• Proficient with Microsoft office
• Ability to multi-task, solve problems, perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Experience conducting Baseline Property Condition Assessments in accordance with the ASTM Standard E 2018-15 "Standard Guide for Property Condition Assessments"
• Commercial Building Inspector experience is an asset
• Familiarity with invoicing, budgeting, and other areas of project related financial management
• Experience with business development initiatives and strong client management skills
Recognized for ten years in a row as a “Best Place to Work” by the Great Places to Work Institute, our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package, a company culture that values an equitable work/life balance, and a number of other interesting perks and employee development programs.