Our client is looking for an Environmental Specialist with a background in Cumulative Effects Assessment and Management to join their team in either their Waterloo or Collingwood, Ontario locations!
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Build, adapt and apply company decision support systems for examining land management scenarios, evaluate the risks and benefits of various options, and develop and recommend appropriate management options
• Present analytical modelling results to various audiences, and provide key technical inputs for land use planning engagement processes and management recommendations.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Postgraduate degree in cumulative effects management, geography, geomatics, landscape ecology, land use planning, resource management planning or related fields of study and several years of progressively responsible experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Knowledge of theories and practices for cumulative effects modelling, assessment, and management; geomatics (i.e., Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and including geodatabase management, geospatial statistics, and remote sensing); and, landscape ecology including renewable resource dynamics, natural disturbance patterns and emulation, and climate change adaptation;
• Experience with large data access and management including developed partnerships with data providers (e.g. federal and provincial governments, industry, NGOs, etc.) would be an asset;
• Advanced level environmental monitoring knowledge, analytical and statistical skills (preferably R) in environmental effects assessment, with a publication record related to cumulative effects assessments for multiple environmental media.
• Organized individual capable of producing results and meeting deadlines;
• Refined analytical and problem solving skills;
• Excellent communication (both oral and written) and presentation skills;
• Excellent data management skills;
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues and clients;
• Ability to effectively multi-task and work in a fast paced, high change environment;
• Good initiative and attention to detail;
• Expected to manage work with minimum supervision;
• Ability to travel in Canada and overseas.