Our client in Toronto, Ontario is looking for a Transportation/Transit Planning Engineer with Environmental Assessments experience to join their team!
This individual will conduct Environmental Assessments for highways, interchanges, roadway widening and extensions, HOV lanes, rapid transit, bridges, sidewalks, and any other related transportation or transit infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct the assessment of potential environmental effects for transportation and transit project
- Manage risks of transportation and transit developments
- Lead the process to meet requirements of federal and provincial regulations
- Baseline characterization
- Stakeholder engagement
- Modeling effects
- Mitigation planning
- Development of environmental and monitoring plans
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- University engineering degree from an accredited institution
- 7-10+ years of experience conducting Environmental Assessments for Transportation and Transit projects
- P.Eng designation
- Strong knowledge of Ontario and Canadian MTO Class EA codes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our client is an employee-owned company with decades of industry presence, both domestic and global. They pride themselves on being able to deliver unique, creative solutions in transportation planning and engineering. They offer ongoing opportunities for internal growth and advancement, as well as a high degree of flexibility and work-life balance. They have experienced 100% growth in the past three years.
Our client offers their employees:
- Annual bonuses
- Employee Health Benefits 100% paid by company, 80% dental
- RRSP matching
- Equity opportunities
- 22 days of vacation for every employee
- 14 days of statutory holidays (Ontario and BC offices receive the same statutory days off through the year)
- Opportunities to work on a wide variety of projects to ensure employees are stimulated by diverse and unique technical, project, and professional challenges.