Our client in the Toronto, Ontario area is looking for a Principal of Land Development Engineering to join their team in either their Mississauga or Markham offices!
This individual will drive the business growth and success of the Land Development Group in the GTA. This will be done through working with a collaborative leadership team that is responsible for the marketing/business development, technical excellence, and operational/financial aspects of the group.
Acting as a client manager with key clients, the Principal will play a hand-on role in project pursuits and assuring successful execution and delivery of projects.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and grow the group’s presence in the GTA
• Actively participate in the preparation of proposals and the development of fee estimates.
• Establish and further our reputation in appropriate industry associations within the western GTA and Hamilton such as the Halton and Peel Chapters of BILD, the Hamilton-Halton Home Builders’ Association, and the Urban Land Institute. Ensure our visibility in these associations through attendance at functions and participation on committees.
• Build relationships with other company practice areas and sectors and capitalize on new business opportunities to grow these areas in western GTA and Hamilton and provide a value add that differentiates the company from competitors
• Attract, grow, and retain high quality team members. Coach, mentor, and develop the team and identify future leaders.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include, but are not limited to:
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related Civil Engineering field from an accredited institution
• 10-15+ years of professional experience in land development
• P.Eng designation with PEO preferred
• Marketplace experience within the GTA, especially in the western GTA and/or Hamilton area
• Have extensive industry contacts with developers, consultants, and contractors, allowing the company to significantly grow its presence in the region
• Demonstrated leadership, communication, and people skills.
• Previous experience in the management of professional teams, preferably in an integrated design environment
• Well-developed written communication skills in the preparation of proposals, correspondence with various stakeholders, and technical reports.
• Proven ability to articulate a vision for their team and create a high level of engagement with staff.