Our client in Winnipeg, Manitoba is looking for a Business Leader specializing in Buildings from the Architectural/Interior Design side to join their team!
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Work collaboratively within the balanced leadership model and leadership team of the business leader (Finance & Admin) and discipline leader (Design Quality & Standards) in charting and managing the direction of the practice.
• Participate with the leadership team in developing annual goal statements and strategies.
• Participate with all Manitoba leadership in quarterly progress and strategy meetings.
• Participate in the annual and semi-annual staff career development reviews.
• Participate in strategies of attracting key staff to the company to facilitate growth.
• Chair weekly Discipline Leadership (A/ID/E/ Sustainability) meetings.
• Maintain project leadership role in select projects through guidance and management of service delivery of the Project Team.
Business Development & Client Relationship Leadership
• Lead local and regional business development pursuits including proposal development for the group, coordinating a core group of architectural/engineering professionals to achieve business development and financial goals.
• Lead in developing the annual business plan and budget for the practice and working with the leadership team to achieve key performance indicators.
• Contribute to the development and execution of the national business strategy for the Buildings Group, with accountability for region-specific strategies and priorities.
• Sustain and grow revenue within our primary business sectors, helping to achieve top line growth for the business, and working collaboratively with the other leaders to achieve key performance metrics.
• Lead and coordinate business development efforts, including market research, client relationships, developing leads, and securing contracts.
• Develop, review and approve proposals of business development opportunities in accordance with company best practice policies.
• Develop and maintain industry relationships and visibility with current and prospective clients, sub-consultants, competitor/teaming partners, and potential recruits.
• Attend selected conferences and maintaining active memberships in associations (e.g. Board posts and committee memberships).
• Prepare and manage an internal emerging business developers program.
• Oversee monitoring of pursuits of the company, assess win-loss data and maintain tracking of client satisfaction levels.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited institution
• 15+ years of experience in the Architecture industry or within a consulting environment
• Registration as a Professional Architect with the Manitoba Associations of Architects.
• Exceptionally strong understanding of the British Columbia market.
• Demonstrated technical skills on major projects.
• Strong business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base (such experience within a consulting organization in Vancouver is considered a strong asset).
• Exceptional leadership, communication, and team-building skills.
• Must be an individual who has the strengths, experience, and drive to effectively lead, challenge, and inspire the leadership group and staff to work together cohesively as a team.
• An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting-services provider.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organization, coordination, and managerial skills.
• Knowledge of market assessment techniques, insights, and contacts.
• Proven success in developing new clients and maintaining strong client relationships.
• Familiarity with industry trends and industry leaders in Manitoba.