Our client in British Columbia is looking for a Business Leader specializing in Buildings from the Architectural side to join their team in their Vancouver, Victoria, Kelowna, or Kamloops office!
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Sustaining and growing revenue within our primary business sectors, helping to achieve top line growth for the group, and working collaboratively with the other group leaders to achieve key operational performance metrics.
• Leading local business development pursuits, and coordinating a core team of professionals to achieve business development and financial goals.
• Working with the management and other leaders, assisting with developing the annual business plan and budget for the business center.
• Contributing to the development and execution of the national business strategy for the Buildings group, with accountability for region-specific strategies and priorities.
• Supporting overall group leadership in strategic pursuits.
• Assist in resource management processes, recruitment, career development, succession planning, coaching and mentoring, and leadership development within the BC
• Assist the business manager and discipline leader on the Career Development and Performance Review forms for staff, salary reviews, and bonus evaluations.
• Working collaboratively with the other leaders to achieve key business development, financial and operational performance goals across the company.
• Collaborate with Regional and National Leader’s to develop and leverage expertise across offices.
• Facilitate collaboration among integrated practice groups (i.e. Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering)
Marketing and Business Development:
• Developing and stewarding marketing and business development (M&BD) plans, budgets, and key performance indicators.
• Participating in and leading (when required) marketing efforts, and business development pursuits, including lead development, proposal preparation, presentations, relationship management and client surveys.
• Overseeing post-win deliverables internally (i.e. key performance indicators, community site articles, Spark articles, information to Marketing for SMKC and pipeline, etc.).
• Maintain presence within local and regional award submissions and publications. Assist in award submission project selections, content development and contribute to publication material
• Assist in the development of a PR strategy at the local level in concert with company public relations strategy. Be responsible for developing and managing the Sector portion of the BC M&BD plan including implementation of ‘must win’ strategies for growing net revenue within the BC and Region.
• Developing and maintaining relationships and visibility with current and prospective clients, sub-consultants, competitor/teaming partners, and potential recruits.
• Attending selected conferences and maintaining active memberships in associations (such as board posts and committee memberships).
• Assist in development of the annual business plan and budget for the BC
• Partner with the business manager and discipline leader in the review and finalization of the budget.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Degree in architecture
• 20+ years of experience in the Architectural/Buildings industry or within a consulting environment
• Professional registration preferred.
• Exceptionally strong understanding of the British Columbia market.
• Demonstrated technical skills on major projects.
• Strong business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base (such experience within a consulting organization in Vancouver is considered a strong asset).
• Exceptional leadership, communication, and team-building skills.
• Must be an individual who has the strengths, experience, and drive to effectively lead, challenge, and inspire the leadership group and staff to work together cohesively as a team.
• An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting-services provider.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organization, coordination, and managerial skills.
• Knowledge of market assessment techniques, insights, and contacts.
• Proven success in developing new clients and maintaining strong client relationships.
• Familiarity with industry trends and industry leaders in Vancouver.