Our client in Toronto, Ontario is looking for a Project Manager of Architecture to join their team!
This individual will manage all phases of project through construction including: budgeting, scheduling, planning, design, construction documents with authority to direct and monitor all activities.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Responds to the technical implications of design decisions
• Promotes firm and project goals of excellence in design, execution, and sustainability
• Defines, monitors, and maintains control of the scope of work and services for the project including project schedule and work plan
• Prepares and negotiates client and consultant proposals, fees, schedules, and contracts
• Primary coordinator of all communication between the client and Firm, (including Managing Principal, Design Principal, and Technical Principal) insuring timely resolution of client concerns and management of business issues including contracts and additional services
• Completes integration of design and technical aspects of the project
• Clear and timely communication of information to the project team and to insure compliance with the project team’s goals
• Monitors the performance of the project team and approach, to assure that the Firm’s quality standards and design goals are being met
• Establishes, maintains, and documents regular project related meetings including client, internal team and consultants meetings
• Initiates, documents, and maintains project set-up, including contract review, project process and filing procedures, work authorizations, assisting accounting in timely distribution of invoices
• Meets or exceeds the financial goals established for the project and providing timely and appropriate information to Project Accountant to initiate invoicing
• Direct contact responsibility with clients and associated consultants, to insure timely collections and management of delinquent accounts receivables
• Insures the orderly and complete preparation, distribution, and retention of all project written records
• Considers risk management by monitoring client issues and technical issues in a timely manner to minimize liability
• Orderly close out of projects including contractual requirements
• Follows through with post contract administration requirements (ie: follow-up phone calls to insure client satisfaction and source additional marketing leads, complete final historical database, etc.)
• Coordinates staffing resources with office Operations Director
• Assures a positive team work atmosphere and assists in supporting the development and retention of quality staff including training/development/mentoring
• Participates in marketing opportunities and facilitates multi-discipline/office collaboration within firm
• Develops and maintains successful client relationships for repeat business.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Professional Degree in Architecture from an accredited institution
• 10+ years of experience
• License with the OAA
• LEED AP or within 6 months of hire
• Advanced knowledge of design process, construction documentation, construction administration and materials
• Understands all aspects and phases of the architectural, design and production process.
• Understands design philosophies, overall building design concepts, design software technology, and delivery methods.
• Understands project financial management and contract administration, including project coordination, budgeting, scheduling and contract negotiations
• Basic project management software skills
• Experience working with clients and consultants
• Basic CADD knowledge
• Ability to direct, mentor and coordinate work efforts of project team
• Collaborative and professional work ethic
• Strong interpersonal skills, verbal, listening and written including client presentation skills