Our client is looking for Construction Supervisors to join their team across British Columbia!
This individual will be responsible for the delivery of Municipal, Highway, or Bridge capital projects.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Provide on-site contractor supervision to monitor the quality and progress of the work being performed
• Maintain inventories of bid item quantities and generate payment authorizations
• Provide reporting of work progress and issue construction memos to contractor as needed
• Provide guidance to entry level staff and oversee material testing and surveying operations
• Identify field and design issues and facilitate corrective measures
• Liaise with contractor, client and affected stakeholders during construction operations
• Perform feasibility studies as part of business case development for proposed capital projects
• Understand, commit to and fulfill responsibilities with regards to company quality standards, ISO 9001 and all client quality, safety and environmental management systems
• Provide mentorship and leadership to junior staff.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant field from an accredited institution
• 6+ years of experience in Project Supervision and or Project Management with increasing levels of responsibilities
• Experience with Municipal, Highways, or Bridge, construction projects
• Consulting experience an asset
• Ability to interpret construction drawings and specifications and compare them with construction in progress; detecting faulty materials and workmanship, and suggesting appropriate remedies
• Exceptional organization and follow-up skills; ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time