Our Client is growing and we are looking for a Design Manager to join their Edmonton team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent leadership, technical proficiency and project management. The candidate will also bring to the team the potential for business development and client management.
The successful candidate will utilize his/her technical experience and leadership capabilities to lead multi-disciplinary designs, as well as supervise, manage and prioritize workloads for the local design team on a variety of Municipal and Transportation projects.
• Working with Project Managers and Engineers, leading a group of 4 to 8 Design Technologists and CADD Operators for the successful completion of designs in AutoCad and Civil 3D
• Complete engineering design of municipal and transportation projects from proposal stage through completion
• Review design drawings, details and plans for conformance to internal and external standards, as well as quality
• Manage multidisciplinary teams, providing mentorship and guidance to junior engineers, design technologists and other technical staff.
• Minimum of a diploma in Engineering Design and Drafting Technology (EDDT) or Civil Engineering Technology (CET) from an accredited institution
• At least 10 years’ experience in related Municipal and Transportation design assignments
• Expert-level user of AutoCAD and Civil 3D software
• Familiarity, knowledge or experience with MicroStation, InRoads, and/or other CAD/Mapping/GIS software is also an asset
• Currently registered, or qualified to register as a Technician/Technologist with ASET
• Proven leadership and mentorship capabilities
• Business development, client liaison skills and a keen entrepreneurial spirit, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High productivity, attention to detail and an ability to work well in a team environment