Our client in Seattle, Washington is looking for a Chief Estimator of Buildings to join their team!
This individual must have an in-depth knowledge of conceptual estimating budgeting, estimating, tendering, proposal submission, and construction methodology.
The Chief Estimator will have oversight of all building construction estimating activities for the Pacific Northwest market.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Be responsible for the overall bidding and pre-construction estimating and bidding process and financial results in a partnered relationship with the Operations Manager
• Be responsible for all aspects of the estimate and as the Chief Estimator will normally be assigned to the more complex and detailed estimates and bids
• Prepare and coordinate estimates as required
• Compile and track analytics relating to project estimating pursuits
• Be ultimately responsible for managing estimators and the estimates for a general operations unit and the profit/loss performance of the estimated projects
• Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring in: planning, organizing, coordinating, supervising and training estimating personnel
• Provide interpersonal managerial and supervisory leadership through managing mutual recognition units
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Post-secondary education (Engineering degree or diploma) from an accredited institution
• 10-15+ years of experience in construction estimating
• Leadership responsibility in commercial/buildings estimating, including schools, retail, office buildings, etc.
• Proven ability to lead and develop a high-performing team
• Should be comfortable working with both internal and external clients, customers, and key stakeholders
• Conceptual Estimating and Building Information Modeling experience will be considered an asset
• Expert level knowledge in estimating systems, bid preparation and execution