Our client in the Burlington, Ontario area is looking for an Intermediate Municipal Design Technologist specializing in Transportation/Roadway design to join their team!
This individual will support the Transportation group as a municipal designer on projects involving urban and rural road design, storm sewers, sanitary sewers, watermains, and drainage works using Civil3D or Bentley InRoads.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Assist with conceptual and detailed design of municipal civil projects related to local and regional roadway construction/reconstruction including rural and urban roads, sewers, watermains, drainage, etc.
• Apply CAD/Civil 3D or Bentley InRoads knowledge to municipal engineering and road construction/reconstruction projects from concept to completion
• Assist in the preparation of detailed design drawings and contract documents and specifications for project tendering
• Assist with tender quantities and the preparation of construction cost estimates
• Assist in the completion of technical design reports and studies
• Assist with applications for permits and approvals
• Work with direction from Senior Transportation Technologists and Engineers
• Continued professional development through participation in internal and external learning opportunities
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology from an accredited academic institution
• 5+ years of experience in municipal design for transportation and roadways
• Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) and Member of OACETT is an asset
• Strong working knowledge of Civil3D 2015 or Bentley InRoads
• Working knowledge of various software packages (Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets)
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings and documents, e.g. plans and profiles, specifications, etc.
• Specific experience with municipal road design in Ontario is required
• Ability to manage and prioritize several assignments at one time in order to deliver on time and within budget
• Highly meticulous nature, strong attention to detail
• Experience working as a member of multi-disciplinary design teams is an asset
• Experience completing quantity take-offs is an asset
• Construction site experience would be considered an asset
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal, including teamwork and interpersonal abilities