We are seeking an experienced Intermediate/Senior CAD Designer for our Client’s Collingwood office. He or she will be responsible for the design and drafting of complex municipal and private water and wastewater infrastructure projects such as water treatment, pumping and storage facilities, and wastewater pumping, treatment and effluent disposal works, including multi-discipline design and drafting team coordination. An Intermediate/Senior CAD Designer will work independently or as part of a design team to produce cost-effective engineering designs and construction drawings that meet established requirements and standards. Work assignments may include preparation of technical specifications and construction cost estimates, shop drawing reviews, construction inspection and contract administration.
Key position requirements:
• A Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology and registered, or eligible for registration, with OACETT
• Minimum 5 years of experience in design and drafting of process piping and water and wastewater process equipment and facilities, using the latest version of AutoCAD
• Experience in developing P&IDs, PFDs and process mechanical layouts
• Experience with coordinating drawing production from a multi-discipline design team
• Experience and proficiency with 3D design, building information modelling (BIM) and Plant 3D CAD would be an asset
• Experience and proficiency with spreadsheets would be an asset
• Familiarity with AWWA, ANSI, MOECC and OBC design guidelines and/or codes would be an asset
• Experience in preparing technical specifications and technical reports would be an asset
• Construction inspection and contract administration experience would be an asset
• Must possess a mechanical aptitude and have a good understanding of civil/mechanical engineering fundamentals, design practices and drawing conventions
• Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Committed team player with strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Our client is a midsized, privately owned consulting group with a footprint that is expanding across Ontario. They pride themselves on maintaining a friendly, flexible environment and an open-door policy for all employees. Profit sharing and ownership opportunities are available to strong performers – not just senior management – and opportunities for internal advancement are plentiful.