Our client in Toronto, Ontario is looking for a Mechanical Engineer/Technologist specializing in the Layout Design of Mechanical Building Systems using Revit to join their team!
This individual will help design the mechanical building systems, including HVAC and plumbing, for commercial, institutional, residential, and mixed-use high-rise type projects.
This individual MUST HAVE prior experience using Revit in a consulting capacity.
Required skills and Qualifications will include, but are not limited to:
• Performing specific tasks assigned by design lead in a pre-defined time
• Perform REVIT and/or CAD tasks assigned within given hours
• Adhere to AutoCAD, Revit and AutoCAD MEP standards
• Check layouts and services for continuity and completeness
• Prepare responses to RFIs and Site Instructions
• Co-ordination of drawings with other disciplines
• Prepare AutoCAD, Revit drawings from sketches, mark-ups and/or design
• To develop layout of pipe and duct runs in co-ordination with the structure, electrical and architecture components, limitations and interferences
• To perform sizing of duct and pipe services in accordance with office standards
• Check layouts of mechanical services for interferences with other components of the building such as structure, ceiling, lighting, etc.
• Develop details and layouts of mechanical rooms and service spaces
• To be familiar with air conditioning load calculations and perform such calculations for Tenant Improvement projects
• Perform site survey as required
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Mechanical Engineering Degree or Mechanical Technology Diploma from an accredited institution
• 2-5+ years of experience in the field of HVAC & Mechanical Building System Design
• P.Eng or CET designation
• Experience using REVIT & AutoCAD MEP 2014 is essential
• Knowledge of Trace 700 is an asset
• Demonstrate a strong desire for advancement and professional development
• Should be familiar with HVAC and plumbing systems and be capable of developing layouts of piping and duct routing with limited guidance from senior staff