Our client in Toronto, Ontario is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer specializing in Building Systems to join their team!
This individual will work on a variety of projects, including commercial, healthcare, institutional, residential, and mixed-use high-rise.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain and grow current business and client relationships.
• Coordinate and manage mechanical engineering projects of various sizes and complexity.
• Ensure the projects are managed successfully in terms of design and staff and that they are completed on schedule and on budget to meet or exceed client expectations.
• Work with clients to provide the best and most appropriate design solutions for their projects.
• Analyze client design proposals and specifications to determine cost effective solutions.
• Provide guidance to clients, technical staff and sub consultants to ensure projects are technically sound and competed successfully.
• Ensure professional quality services in all facets of work.
• Provide quality and cost control during the design and construction process.
• Strive to accomplish company goal of quality workmanship by improving quality of designs and setting standards.
• Lead the project team to ensure technical accuracy of project deliverables.
• Provide mentoring to technical staff, assigning duties as required.
• Oversees the development of staff competence and assist in the training and teaching of new technicians and engineers.
• Manage project activities throughout lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, documentation and other factors necessary for success.
• Prepare and review specification and concept reports.
• Maintain project schedules and project cost summaries to track work progress, budge status and manpower resource utilization.
• Identify and address the need for additional services and fees to clients in a timely fashion
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
• 6+ years of experience in HVAC and Mechanical Building Systems
• P.Eng. designation with the PEO or ability to register
• Residential multi-family project experience
• LEED Certification will be considered an asset
• Detailed understanding of project proposal writing
• Experience in AutoCad, REVIT & Trace 700 would be an asset
• Strong Project Management experience
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to deal effectively with clients and other personnel
• Excellent written and verbal English communications skills