Our client is looking for an Energy Manager, Building Performance Specialist to join their team in either their Ottawa, Ontario, or Montreal, Quebec, office!
This individual will be responsible for strategic development and execution of continuous commissioning and energy performance in a portfolio of buildings.
Specifically this position will help reduce client’s carbon emissions by 25% in the next 4 years.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Lead the Development and Execution of Energy Saving Projects
• Liaise with energy analysts as required to obtain and review relevant building data.
• Liaise with the Energy Manager, Building Project Specialist and commissioning authorities to integrate project and operational needs.
• Conduct energy assessments when energy consumption varies significantly from expected performance.
• Participate in the development of the building management plan.
• Work closely with building technicians to ensure continuous commissioning and energy performance improvement of building systems.
• Develop and maintain a building improvement tracking system.
• Implement and maintain sub-metering and measurement and verification systems.
• Monitor energy retrofit project performance and intervene
• Develop and lead building energy saving committees at targeted facilities with the purpose of:
o Identifying, implementing and tracking energy saving challenges and opportunities.
o Providing a venue for technicians to share experience.
o Educating technicians in energy saving practices and technologies.
o Reviewing building performance reports.
o Developing new practices to improve energy performance.
Design and Produce Sustainability Metrics
• Interpret and translate implications of global GHG standards and targets into strategic information processes and actionable facility management metrics;
• Design and develop technical requirements for GHG reporting and analysis;
• Guide development of new and enhanced value-added sustainability and GHG offerings to the facility management marketplace.
Support Energy Reporting
• Support resources and schedule the delivery of internal and external energy reports;
• Support the Client Facing Teams with their energy reporting needs.
Requires Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Community college diploma or university degree in engineering or energy and building system technology
• 5-10 years of experience managing energy and/or delivering energy retrofit projects in facilities
• Certified Measurement & Verification Professional from Association of Energy Engineers will be considered an asset
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships with project managers, property managers, building technicians, consultants and contractors
• Experience working with building controls systems and/or writing HVAC sequences of operations
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience leading consulting teams considered an asset
• Project management experience considered an asset
• Experience in industrial power plant settings considered an asset
• Fluent in French and English considered an asset