Our client in the Waterloo, Ontario area is looking for an Estimator with strong experience in Industrial Equipment to join their team!
This position will be a Contract to Permanent position.
This individual will interact with Engineers, Product Managers, Sales Specialists, suppliers, and procurement specialists to prepare cost estimates for each specific proposal of work, to support sales proposals for the customer’s industrial air emission control needs.
This individual MUST HAVE experience in estimating for industrial equipment for manufacturing and fabrication on a scale of up to $1M in value.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Prepare cost estimates for air pollution control equipment and systems with budget level or firm level accuracy. Systems may include fabricated equipment, structural steel and purchased items such as tanks, pumps instruments, valves and piping.
· Use established templates to build up estimates from quoted or estimated components.
· Use appropriate estimating tools based on accuracy of estimate; factor previous estimate, develop weight estimates and apply cost per pound, obtain quotes for fabricated or purchased components.
· Obtain firm quotes for equipment, fabrication, materials and components from suppliers, or through corporate purchasing group.
· Develop and maintain data bases for quotes and costing. Update as appropriate.
· Estimate time required to complete estimate at level of detail requested and communicate routinely with stakeholders to meet proposal deadlines.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
· Associates degree (two year college or technical school) or high school diploma and more extensive experience.
· 5+ years of experience in estimating industrial equipment
· Experience with large systems including fabricated equipment, structural steel, piping, instruments, rotating equipment, etc. is an asset
· Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
· Multi-tasking - Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations and on short deadlines.
· Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
· Research Skills - Ability to identify and use all available resources to obtain the necessary information.
· Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
· Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
· Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
· Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
· Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
· Communication - Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both in writing and verbally.
· Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the Customers’ needs while following company procedures and considering the Company interests.
· Self-Motivated – Internally driven to perform tasks to the best of one’s ability and to drive results.
· Integrity – Acts in accordance with the highest standards of personal and professional integrity in all aspects of their activities.
Our client provides engineered products, innovative technologies and optimization services for multiple industries. ovens, dryers, oxidizers, electromechanical, electrical, hvac, drivers, plc, vfd, repair dryers, reel stands, splicers, air emission control systems