Our client in Toronto, Ontario is looking for a Senior Designer BIM Specialist to join their team!
This individual will help deliver a range of projects within the Buildings and Infrastructure group.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Production of architectural and structural BIM models and contract documents and BIM model coordination;
• Perform clash detection in Autodesk Navisworks;
• Use the Revit family editor to build BIM content for building components as necessary;
• Prepare detail drawings, sections and standard details;
• Interpret design sketches and details;
• Produce engineering drawings associated with structural steel, concrete, masonry, timber, etc;
• Lead projects involving drafting of structural and architectural drawings;
• Follow design standards and guidelines and
• Coordinate work with other disciplines.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Degree/Diploma in Architectural Technology, Civil Engineering Technology, or related field from an accredited institution
• 5+ years of experience in CADD design in Structural Engineering
• 2+ years of experience specifically with Revit Structural and Architectural 2016 Software as well as 2D CAD and other 3D visualization and simulation applications
• Completion of 3+ BIM projects that involve complex, multi-phase, large scale buildings
• Thorough comprehension of parametric object-based models, design, engineering/construction models
• Excellent graphic, written, and verbal communication skills
• Ability to exercise judgment and discretion and to set priorities and manage competing demands
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, government regulations and building codes
• Be able to work independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrate a reliable, responsive and positive work ethic
Our client is an award winning engineering consulting firm specializing in: architectural services, highway and bridges, aviation, rail and transit, water and water resources, wastewater, environment, municipal engineering, ports and harbours, tunnels, and pipeline services.