Our client in Alberta is looking for a Lab Manager of Research and Development specializing in construction materials to join their team in Red Deer/Blackfalds!
This individual will be responsible for managing daily operations of the lab in our client’s manufacturing plant. This will include advising and implementing mix design methods and procedures through technical standards testing/reporting and new product development.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Prepares and performs formulation tests that support the creation, development and improvement of new and existing standards, premiums, performance and specialty mixes.
• Prepares, organizes and gives product knowledge training sessions, development updates and demonstrations
• Manage day-to-day responsibilities of the lab and report to the Director
• Manage and maintain effective and efficient laboratory scheduling and testing
• Responsible for seeing through audits for CSA/CCIL/CPCI or equivalents
• Provides technical expertise on concrete, aggregate and cement technology to Senior Management
• Establishes and implements standard operations procedures and tracks resources accordingly
• Select and validate raw materials in accordance to specifications and standards
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• 2-5+ years related work experience at a managerial level
• Graduate of a degree program in Geoscience, Civil, Materials, Chemical, Chemical Engineers from an accredited institution
• Experience in construction materials (aggregates, concrete and cement) industry is an asset
• Experience in laboratory testing, analysis of report results and maintaining records for cement, concrete or aggregate products (mix designs, preparation of test samples)
• Excellent communication and analytical skills
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and computer skills
• Must be able to work in a team environment and independently
• Physically fit, will be required to lift a minimum of 50lbs
• Must be willing to relocate to the Red Deer/Blackfalds, AB area and willing to work over-time