Our client is looking for a Senior Bridge Engineer to join their team in Toronto, Ontario!
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare proposals, studies, cost estimates, report writing and other documents.
• Lead project teams and supervision and mentor of design engineers, technicians and construction inspectors.
• Business development and client management.
• Project management and engineering review of design drawings.
• Analysis and design of highway bridges and other structures.
• Tender document preparation, quantities and contract management.
• Provide analysis and design for new and rehabilitation of all types and aspects of highway bridge structures including foundations, earth retaining structures and culverts.
• Tender document preparation and contract administration.
Required Skills and Qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from an accredited university
• 8-15+ years of experience
• P.Eng designation with PEO
• Excellent knowledge of applicable design codes.
• Demonstrate competency with SAP 2000 (or equivalent structural analysis software), and Finite Element Modeling.
• Ability to take the lead on a project team is essential.
• Demonstrate initiative and attention to detail and accuracy.
• Self-motivated individual with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal abilities and willingness to work in a team environment.
• A high degree of problem solving and decision making skills are essential with a commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service is second to none.