Our client in Ottawa, Ontario is looking for a Municipal Engineer to join their team!
This individual will work on municipal infrastructure rehabilitation type projects, and must have experience working with The City of Ottawa.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Engineering design, project management and contract administration related to municipal projects, including roads, watermains, sanitary and storm sewer systems.
• Carrying out visits to construction sites and reporting on observations.
• Assisting Senior Civil Engineers with project execution, including design and report writing.
• Preparing of proposals and budget estimates.
• Coordinating with other engineering disciplines on multidisciplinary projects.
• Supervising Engineers-in-Training and technologists.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering from an accredited institution
• P. Eng. or CET Designation
• 4-10+ years of related Civil/Municipal Engineering experience.
• Well-developed computer and analytical skills.
• Effective communication both orally and in written form.
• Highly self-motivated and a self-starter.
• Ability to work in teams consisting of people with varying backgrounds.
• Valid Driver’s License.