Our client in Toronto, Ontario is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer specializing in Building Systems to join their Buildings Group!
This individual will work on a variety of projects, including municipal, transit, sports, commercial, and retail.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Involvement in a project or a small portfolio of projects of various sizes from conception through to completion. Assessing and understanding project requirements
• Undertaking design across a number of disciplines
• Agreeing timescales and specifications with clients and managers
• Preparation of documents and reports
• Working towards professional qualifications and undertaking training
• Having an appreciation of the roles of fellow professionals on multidisciplinary projects and interfacing and coordinating with them appropriately
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from accredited University
• 3-5+ years of experience in engineering design works
• P.Eng or EIT Designation with PEO, or ability to register
• Possess strong knowledge of HVAC, Plumbing Drainage and Fire Protection systems
• Able to apply technical knowledge in analyzing problems and creating solutions
• Flexible approach to work, and ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
• Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgments
• Able to work on own initiative
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Enthusiastic and ambitious
• Experienced in Revit, CADD, HAP and IES
Our client is an award winning engineering consulting firm specializing in: architectural services, highway and bridges, aviation, rail and transit, water and water resources, wastewater, environment, municipal engineering, ports and harbours, tunnels, and pipeline services.