Our client in Toronto, Ontario is looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join their team!
This individual will lead a team of structural engineers on a range of several small and large projects within the Toronto office.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Managing the delivery of several assigned projects
• Working and liaising with associated engineering disciplines as part of delivering projects
• Management of internal and external stakeholders
• Responsible for managing external stakeholders, ensuring client satisfaction and pursuing and promoting opportunities with potential and established clients
• Carrying out design and calculation work using relevant industry software
• Developing, maintaining and monitoring programmes for scheduling and reporting on deliverables across specific projects
• Maximizing profitability of projects, monitoring against budget, reacting and anticipating potential problems and communicating in line with client expectations
• Demonstrating technical expertise, providing in depth knowledge and leadership whilst proactively coaching and developing more junior team members
• Applying business development knowledge to identify and support work winning strategies to help grow the size and capabilities of the team
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
• 5-8+ years of experience
• P.Eng designation with the PEO
• Competent user of design software such as Robot, Revit, and other industry standard structural engineering software
• Experience of working on a variety of building project sectors including commercial, industrial and transportation as well as sports, healthcare and schools
• High level of knowledge of steel, concrete, timber, and masonry design
• Ability to produce designs to local standards
• Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external stakeholders in a professional manner, both written and verbally
• Ability to analyze information and offer solutions to clients in a clear and efficient manner
• Positive ‘can-do’ attitude, to working with colleagues and clients
• Experience of working within an Integrated Management Systems environment
• Adaptable to working within different client environments/cultures
• Willing and able to travel within the Canada and internationally as required
• Strong IT skills
Our client is an award winning engineering consulting firm specializing in: architectural services, highway and bridges, aviation, rail and transit, water and water resources, wastewater, environment, municipal engineering, ports and harbours, tunnels, and pipeline services.