Our client in Toronto, Ontario is looking for a Project Manager specializing in Sustainability to join their team!
This individual will manage all phases of green building design, including energy modelling and certification to the LEED Green Building Rating Systems.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Work with clients and design teams in an integrated design approach to identify appropriate design strategies geared towards improving energy performance, indoor air quality, and thermal comfort
• Provide ongoing analysis through design and construction
• Develop innovative solutions to reduce the environmental impact of new and existing buildings, including outline specification level of detail for the required design concepts such as storm water management strategies and energy efficient design
• Prepare schedule of tasks required to complete project, anticipated length to perform tasks and critical data required for performance
• Support and train junior staff and provide them assignments, supervising delegated tasks for content and completion in assigned hours
• Manage the LEED documentation, and take full responsibility with the completeness and quality of the submission to the CaGBC
• Translate technical outputs from energy and daylighting modelling to practical design recommendations communicated in a manner that is understandable to non-technical clients while still providing the level of detail required for the other project team members
• Review and comment on building drawings, specifications and submittals
• Conduct project job site visits during construction to monitor progress and confirm conformance to sustainable design requirements
• Develop technical documentation, proposals, and presentations to clients
• Lead meetings and design workshops
• Support the Principal with proposal writing and fees estimates
• Any other tasks assigned by Principals required to assist in the success of the firm
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Diploma or Degree in a related field from an accredited academic institution
• 5+ years or project experience in the sustainability field
• LEED Accreditation with specialty is essential
• P.Eng (Professional Engineer) or OAA (Architect) designation, or an architectural technologist or senior C.E.T. with equivalent experience and abilities will also be considered
• You must be considered an “expert” by their peers as either an Energy Modeller or a LEED Project Manager. T
• 5+ years of experience with energy modelling software such as eQuest or IES is desirable
• Extensive experience project managing multiple LEED certifications is preferred.
• Possess conversational knowledge of both energy and LEED, and be able to explain them to non-technical clients
• Experience analyzing building daylighting strategies, facade design options, skylight optimization, and glazing is desirable
• Demonstrate a strong leadership qualities and ability to work independently, and dealing with multiple projects and clients
• Possess sound communications skills as demonstrated through client and staff relations
• Be knowledgeable about provincial building codes, ASHRAE, IES and LEED standards
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our Client is an award-winning Canadian engineering consulting firm specializing in building systems engineering. Founded in Ontario in 1965, their footprint has since expanded to accommodate projects worldwide. Their dedication to quality has earned them a reputation for being one of the most respected engineering consulting firms in the country. They offer an excellent benefits package and a relaxed and fun work atmosphere, frequently hosting activities and events for employees and their families.