Our client in Markham, Ontario is looking for a Chief Project Manager specializing in Transportation, Transit, and Light Rail Transit (LRT) to join their team!
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Accountable for managing and directing design, procurement and construction delivery for a major transportation infrastructure project;
• Directing and overseeing the development and maintenance of effective goals and objectives, policies, budgets, organizational structure and quality assurance program for a large-scale subway extension project;
• Managing and delivering the Project from design through to Commissioning and operation, safely within scope, on-time, on-budget, with required quality and in accordance with the Owner’s design standards and applicable municipal, provincial and federal codes, especially workplace safety;
• Managing and directing Project activities including staffing, project team organization, design/design requirements, procurement, construction, contract management, project controls and commissioning activities;
• Leading and providing advice/guidance to integrated, multi-discipline, consultant Project teams and fostering a positive team work environment;
• Liaising with senior management, elected officials and other external stakeholders to ensure their requirements are coordinated and addressed;
• Ensuring accurate, timely reporting of financial and performance results and any significant safety, security, human resources or other project management issues;
• Substituting for the Chief Capital Officer as required;
• Responsible for providing leadership in overseeing the work of Department staff and consultants.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• University Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution, with a focus on Transportation engineering
• P.Eng designation or the ability to register
• Extensive knowledge of current engineering principles, methods and practices relating to the engineering design, construction, operation and maintenance of large-scale rail transit systems
• Extensive knowledge of construction concepts, standards and procedures
• Proven project management expertise including experience managing project delivery through proponents/constructors using alternate project delivery methods (more specifically Design-Build) and skills to coordinate responsibility for diverse areas with due regard for safety, quality, budget and schedule
• In-depth understanding of business administration, fiscal concepts, and human relations concepts and practices including legislation/regulations regarding safety, construction, employment, etc.
• Understanding of municipal/community issues affecting urban transit projects/services
• Sound judgement; superior planning, organizational and leadership skills; excellent negotiation and facilitation skills; highly developed analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, oral/written communication skills; computer skills in a wide range of software applications
• Extensive directly related experience working at a senior management level in a large transit or engineering organization involved in the design and construction of major rail lines and facilities
• Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
Our client is a global top 50 Engineering Consulting firm. Our client exemplifies excellence in employee culture, passionate delivery of projects and champion of quality, service and value for clients across a multitude of industry sectors. Experience what true collaboration with your colleagues and managers. This is a place where people know your name and where you are missed when you're not around. Our client promotes a work hard and play hard credo, but backs it up with ongoing social and networking opportunities. They offer unlimited opportunities for learning, growth, and professional development, placing immense value on allowing every employee to reach their maximum potential.