Our client in Toronto, Ontario is looking for a Construction Project Manager to join their team!
Our client focuses on hi-rise projects.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
• Manages design, review drawings and specifications and providing value engineering feedback
• Assist in preparation and analysis of construction tenders by providing feedback on performance, service, specifications, etc.
• Ensures all activities are completed on schedule including obtaining architectural plans (grading plans), services are supplied (hydro, gas, water, phone), colour sheets, on-site equipment and supplies ordered and building permits obtained
• Conducts on-site inspections to ensure construction activities are meeting standards and schedule, and provides recommendations for improvements when required
• Ensures execution of projects in construction phase, according to the approved business plan
• Maintains all budget projects and commitments
• Continuously pursues cost effective alternatives to improve financial performance in all areas
• Supervises, trains and monitors performance of direct reports
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• 10+ years of practical work experience as a Construction Manager, residential and hi-rise construction preferred
• Experience supervising all disciplines and sub-trades (including both employees and external contractors and trades people)
• Excellent communication, negotiation and people skills
• Must have current and excellent understanding of construction industry practices, OBC, OHSA and WSIB regulations and safety standards
• Demonstrable experience with construction projects exceeding $10-20M construction value
• Excellent budgeting, costing and scheduling skills
• Advanced Degree or diploma (technical or vocational) would be an asset
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Construction Manager, Construction Management, Highrise, High Rise, Hi-rise, reinforced concrete, OBC, OHSA, WSIB, First Aid, CPR, WHIMIS, Occupational Health & Safety Certificate, condos, condominiums, multi-family, multi-unit, apartment