Our client in Mississauga/Toronto, Ontario is looking for a Senior Risk Assessor specializing in Environmental Due Diligence & Remediation to join their team!
This individual will assist in preparing human health and ecological risk assessments, as well as soil vapour and indoor air quality assessment programs.
This individual must be recognized as a QPRA under O.Reg 153/04
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Senior review of risk assessment reports for both due diligence and regulatory purposes
• Manage and provide technical expertise on human health and ecological risk assessments.
• Inter-office / inter-company liaison of risk assessment projects
• Training and Mentoring of Staff: training, coordination, and quality control for junior and intermediate staff within the group
• Financial Involvement with Projects
• Quality Control Initiatives
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• University Degree from an accredited institution in a related discipline is required (Biological Sciences, Geology, Environmental Studies is preferred)
• 10+ years of experience conducting risk assessment work
• Environmental Consulting experience is preferred
• QPRA under O.Reg 153/04 is required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness to travel for short-term work projects
• Valid driver’s license, insurance, and person vehicle will be required (work-related travel expenses will be compensated)
Our client is a leading Environmental, Health and Safety consulting firm in Canada. They provide services across Canada to a wide variety of building owners and industrial facilities from a network of over 30 offices.