We are seeking a skilled Structural Engineer for a unique and exciting long-term project-based opportunity.
The incumbent Candidate will be involved with overseeing the design and management of on-site projects for a large nuclear power provider for a minimum of 3 years. Per diem allowance and accommodations in Bruce County will be provided for the duration of the project, in addition to a competitive compensation package.
This is not a contract position, it would be considered a full-time permanent opportunity.
General responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Discipline or functional manager for work plans and deliverables and ensure the consistency of scopes, budgets and schedules within the commitment of team performance;
- Proactively monitor the work performance, identify any potential risks/gaps of team/individual performance;
- Providing technical solutions from the challenges of task work;
- Mastering work procedures of QA requirements, effectively providing the instructions to the team for QA consistencies;
- Applying and understanding the nuclear safety culture and design concepts and philosophies for the tasks;
- Dealing with construction site requirements and service, providing the technical solution for any construction issues and requests;
- Integrating the design work packages with a strategic implementation to construction needs;
- Proposing/managing the scope of work changes and/or design changes with solid technical validation in both schedule and cost-effective aspects;
- Working with designers/drafters for design drawing production and deliveries.
- Providing technical guidance, working instructions and training to younger engineers or designers.
Minimum requirements for this position include:
- P.Eng or ability to register with the PEO;
- 5-10+ years of relevant experience encompassing the design and management of industrial and/or institutional projects (prior nuclear experience will be considered an asset, but training will be provided) with extensive knowledge of concrete and steel structural design of buildings and structures, including seismic design and analysis;
- Deep foundation design and analysis;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
Our Client is a midsized, multidisciplinary consulting firm with over twenty years of industry presence in Southwestern Ontario. They have built an incredibly strong reputation for themselves - not only for the quality of the work they do, but for the way they invest in continually training and grooming their people to become industry leaders.