Our client is looking for a Project Control Manager experienced in completing projects from the bidding process through to turnover to the client.
Our client is currently in pre-qualification phases of bidding on several key infrastructure and civil projects in Western Canada. Their ability to mobilize and deploy expert engineering, construction and skilled trades professionals combined with their immense vendor and supplier relationships and contractors have earned them the spotlight that continues to shine on their strategic growth mandate for their Canadian and North American operations.
We have been engaged by our client partner now to consider building a team consisting of a Senior Project Manager, Project Controls Manager and a Design Manager to form the bid/proposal team for key infrastructure project considerations in Western Canada (BC and Alberta). Initially you would be located in Montreal where their Canadian headquarters are located and working in conjunction with the Country Manager be tasked with building and submission of proposals for their pre-qualified bids. You would have to relocate to the Montreal area and be situated there for a period of 6-12 months for the completion of the bid process and once a project is awarded be available to relocate and/or travel to the location or site where the project are being slated for.
The Project Controls Manager will manage the Site Project Controls activities including: planning and cost control, coordinating resource allocations and information from multiple parties/departments, tracking progress/deliverables, managing the budget, analyzing workloads, updating and analyzing project schedules, and performing a variety of activities related to the Project Control System.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting in preparation of the RFP/RFQ in collaboration with the proposal team
• Consulting with Project Manager and Construction Manager on all issues and matters related to project control, expenditures, forecasts, cost estimates for new and authorized work
• Compiling baseline schedules for site remediation and construction
• Routinely tracking and updating project schedules to adjust for changes in scope, cost and existing conditions, as required
• Subdividing larger schedules into more detailed, phased tasks and subprojects for ease of management review and oversight
• Preparing monthly analyses and reports on expenditures, progress, commitments, budget performance and schedule performance for all environmental actions at the site
• Developing and maintaining database and record management system for all costs based on past performance, cost data and indices of material costs for use in the preparation of cost estimates and budgets and performance analysis
• Tracking actual costs of construction activities and compare those to the budgeted costs for each work section as well as using data to forecast cost to completion
• Comparing actual and budgeted percentage completion to date
• Preparing schedule projections and providing timely notice to Project Manager for each kind of deviations and/or key issues that could affect the critical path schedule
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering field
• 10+ years as PC Manager in large construction Projects (over 500ML $ value) also with JV
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, Primavera P6, Microsoft Project Server, Microsoft Project Web Access software and similar systems;
• Knowledge of major aspects of procurement, construction, contract management and financials, including managing complex hazardous waste cleanup projects and tracking/monitoring all financial aspects of work.
• Experience in reviewing and overseeing cost control reports from large contractors.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written (technical/financial) communication skills.
• Fluent knowledge of English is a must. Spanish is an asset. Italian is a plus
• Must be willing to travel or relocate to client sites or projects in Canada or USA
Our client is a global leader in Engineering and Construction of large scale, technically complex and market impacting civil, infrastructure, power, energy, facility, buildings and industrial structures for clients across Europe, Asia, South America, Middle East and most recently in North America. They are an EPCM having delivered in 2015 a construction book value of over $40B CDN with a total workforce of 11,000 employees spanning 5 continents. With a rich history spanning over 100 years of success and listed on one of Europe’s leading public stock exchanges they have entered the Canadian marketplace as an experienced construction, engineering and project management group to capitalize on current and future transport infrastructure, heavy civil, power and energy and buildings works across the country.