Our client is looking for a Project Manager experienced in completing projects from the bidding process through to turnover to the client.
Our client is currently in pre-qualification phases of bidding on several key infrastructure and civil projects in Western Canada. Their ability to mobilize and deploy expert engineering, construction and skilled trades professionals combined with their immense vendor and supplier relationships and contractors have earned them the spotlight that continues to shine on their strategic growth mandate for their Canadian and North American operations.
We have been engaged by our client partner now to consider building a team consisting of a Senior Project Manager, Project Controls Manager and a Design Manager to form the bid/proposal team for key infrastructure project considerations in Western Canada (BC and Alberta). Initially you would be located in Montreal where their Canadian headquarters are located and working in conjunction with the Country Manager be tasked with building and submission of proposals for their pre-qualified bids. You would have to relocate to the Montreal area and be situated there for a period of 6-12 months for the completion of the bid process and once a project is awarded be available to relocate and/or travel to the location or site where the project are being slated for.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in preparation of the RFP/RFQ in collaboration with the proposal team
• Prepare and manage contracts and bid packages as well as oversee procurement process
• Prepare and execute the Project Management Plan (PMP)
• Create the project organizational structure, lead the project team developing objectives and goals for each department and assign individual responsibilities to managers
• Supervise and oversee production execution including planning, safety, quality, cost-tracking, scheduling and workforce management
• Monitor the progress of the construction activities maintaining strict adherence to the budget guidelines
• Manage relationship with clients, designers, sub-contractors, consultants and local departments of transportation
• Assures contract compliance with regulations and standards applicable to the project such as health and safety and environment protection
• Oversee contract management activities including change orders and claims
• Ensure all project documentation such as technical, financial and logistics is properly created and communicated
• Plan periodic inspections of construction sites and test data for compliance in specifications
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering field
• PMP certification is an asset
• 15+ years of experience as Project Manager in large construction projects mainly in heavy civil and transport infrastructure such as highways, roads and bridges (over 500ML $ value) also with JV
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Primavera P6, Microsoft Project Server, Microsoft Project Web Access software and similar systems
• Knowledge of contracts, legal issues and safety standards
• Experience in reviewing and overseeing budget and cost control reports from large contractors
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written (technical/financial) communication skills.
• Fluent knowledge of English is a must. Spanish is an asset. Italian is a plus
• Must be willing to travel or relocate to client sites or projects in Canada or USA
Our client is a global leader in Engineering and Construction of large scale, technically complex and market impacting civil, infrastructure, power, energy, facility, buildings and industrial structures for clients across Europe, Asia, South America, Middle East and most recently in North America. They are an EPCM having delivered in 2015 a construction book value of over $40B CDN with a total workforce of 11,000 employees spanning 5 continents. With a rich history spanning over 100 years of success and listed on one of Europe’s leading public stock exchanges they have entered the Canadian marketplace as an experienced construction, engineering and project management group to capitalize on current and future transport infrastructure, heavy civil, power and energy and buildings works across the country.