Our client in Ottawa, Ontario is looking for a Senior Wastewater Engineer to join their team!
This individual will help manage and grow the existing group in the region to complete projects ranging from water/wastewater treatment, pumping, and distribution/collection.
The successful individual will have past experience managing a group or projects in water engineering, and have strong leadership and business development skills.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Help to establish and implement a business development and marketing strategy to develop work related to municipal water engineering projects
• Manage and grow a group of water and wastewater process engineers and designers
• Act as project manager and provide technical leadership and direction to project team members throughout all project phases
• Complete design and peer reviews
• Manage project tasks, schedules, budgets, cost control processes and work procedures
• Provide training, technical guidance and mentoring of junior engineers and technical support staff
• Prepared proposals and presentations
• Establish and maintain client relationships and actively market the services of the company
• Perform hydrologic modeling, surface and groundwater hydrology, wastewater process, hydraulic design of channels, culverts, ponds, other hydraulic structures, erosion and scour protection, and sediment control
• Perform storm water management facility design for both quantity and quality control for developments
• Undertake hydraulic analysis including floodplain analysis and culvert design
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• A university degree or equivalent qualifications in Civil, Environmental or Chemical Engineering from an accredited institution
• P.Eng designation with the PEO or ability to register
• 5-10+ years of water engineering experience at increasing levels of responsibility (design, construction and project management)
• Demonstrated success in water supply, storage and distribution;
• Sound experience in sanitary collection, pumping and treatment;
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of project planning, design, contract administration and project management
• Superior technical understanding and design abilities
• Understanding of contract administration services and requirements
• Solid technical writing skills and ability to write high-quality proposals, reports, letters and technical specifications
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Initiative and an ability to work independently while leading a team of design professionals
• Outstanding abilities in multi-disciplinary project teamwork and coordination
• Comprehensive understanding of environmental government and regulatory requirements in Ontario
• Contacts with various water resources clients, including provincial government departments, irrigation districts, and rural and urban municipalities
• Experience and aptitude for business development and marketing
Our client is a top Canadian multidisciplinary engineering firm that offers a wide variety of services in the areas of transportation, urban infrastructure, hydroelectricity, and urban planning. Their employees receive a highly competitive wage and benefit package, job stability, continuous training and a positive team environment. Our client offers flexible schedules, paid overtime, employee pension plan, comprehensive benefit plants, work-life-balance, career planning, and more!