Our client is looking for a Waste Management Planning Professional to join their Northeast Americas Operations Team! This individual could be located in Mississauga, Whitby, or Markham, Ontario.
Our client’s Northeast Americas Operations Team operates in Ontario, Quebec, and the northeastern United States. They support waste management projects including waste diversion, waste planning, waste system permitting, compliance, landfill expansion, and design, including associated environmental assessments.
This waste management planner will design, implement, and coordinate comprehensive waste management plans and systems to maximize waste prevention and diversion, and assess alternatives including waste disposal, recycling, export, etc. from a community/social, economic and technical perspective based on current and anticipated technologies and current marketplaces.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Participation in the overall Ontario waste practice strategy through development of waste planning projects and clients, engagement in waste related organizations, and responses to requests for proposals and contributions to ongoing projects and proposals led by other members of the waste team
• Overseeing the efforts of junior and intermediate staff locally (GTA) and in Ottawa on waste planning projects and connected waste permitting work led initially by other waste team members
• Assisting waste clients in the public and private sectors with waste management programs, capital improvement planning and implementation related to waste management
• Waste program planning and implementation including preparation of integrated waste management plans, recycling plans, zero waste plans and waste diversion plans
• Assessment of waste processing and transfer facilities, including material recovery facilities, composting, organics management/diversion and innovative conversion processes in the context of assisting with the development of waste planning options
• Assessment of opportunities to engage the practice and our client business in aspects of waste management connected to climate change initiatives including greenhouse gas reduction, carbon trading and assessment of carbon impacts through company’s WRATE model
• Collections analysis, including programs for municipal solid and organic waste
• Assisting clients with procurement and review of contractor proposals and bids for waste system related contracts
• Participating in development of business plans and opportunities for waste planning in North America and Internationally
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• A Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Environmental Engineering, Planning or Business) from an accredited academic institution
• 10+ years of experience in the waste planning industry
• Proven track record of business acumen and business development
• Proven strong written and verbal communication skills
• Active participation in the Ontario Waste Management Association (OWMA) and organizations focusing on waste diversion and planning is an asset
• Ability to travel required in Ontario
Our Client is an employee-owned organization internationally known and recognized for its commitment to technical excellence. Their construction team provides greater certainty for your ground engineering and environmental construction needs. Their construction professionals, in collaboration with their consulting, engineering and design groups, deliver innovative solutions for their clients.