Our client in Calgary, Alberta is looking for a Senior Interior Designer with strong Business Development skills to join their team!
This individual must have strong Business Development experience in either the Commercial or Mixed-Use High-Rise Residential sectors.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Involved with business development, marketing and procurement strategies for project opportunities.
• Provide interior design expertise in a variety of project types including corporate interiors, hospitality, education, industrial, and healthcare.
• Advocate for design excellence.
• Be the primary client contact and project manager on projects.
• Complete projects within timelines and budgets.
• Advise on approaches to project delivery.
• Coordinate multidisciplinary project teams.
• Mentor junior and intermediate staff.
• Assist in the preparation of deliverables at all project phases.
• Support Contract Administrators during the construction phase.
• Support good policies on project delivery, quality control, and safety.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Interior Designer Diploma or Architecture Degree from an accredited intuition
• 10+ years of industry experience
• Registration or eligibility to register with the Interior Designers of Alberta (IDA).
• Strong Business Development and client development skills
• Experience in workplace, healthcare, or education is an asset.
• Strong desire to attract top clients and the best projects.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, especially younger teams.
• Positive, solution-oriented attitude.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Demonstrated experience in a variety of project types and project delivery methods.
• Willingness to understand how information is created in Revit.
• Strong interest in the art of design presentations.
• Proven technical understanding of building science and construction contracts.
Our client is a global top 50 Engineering Consulting firm. Our client exemplifies excellence in employee culture, passionate delivery of projects and champion of quality, service and value for clients across a multitude of industry sectors. Experience what true collaboration with your colleagues and managers. This is a place where people know your name and where you are missed when you're not around. Our client promotes a work hard and play hard credo, but backs it up with ongoing social and networking opportunities. They offer unlimited opportunities for learning, growth, and professional development, placing immense value on allowing every employee to reach their maximum potential.