We are seeking a highly skilled Water Resources Engineer to join our Client's team as part of their succession planning strategy.
The ideal Candidate will have a high degree of proficiency utilizing software such as MIKE and/or InfoWorks, and must be capable of providing technical direction and leadership to an expanding team.
The incumbent Candidate will have the opportunity to work on a diverse profile of projects, typically including: Watershed/subwatershed studies; Class Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Assessments; Stormwater Planning (Master Plans, Infrastructure and Retrofit studies); Detailed Design, Construction Supervision and Administration of SWM facilities including Low Impact Development Systems; Stream restoration, including the preparation of detailed channel design; and Environmental Monitoring (water quality, quantity, stream erosion and groundwater) including development of monitoring plans and protocols.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Contribute to project proposals
• Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling in support projects ranging from subwatershed-scale assessments to individual site design
• Development of detailed design drawings, acquisition of agency approvals, tender documents preparation and contractor support services
• Application of Federal, Provincial and Municipal regulation and standards
• Describe project results through the preparation of written reports and public displays
• Project administration and client liaison
• Attend public information meetings and respond to questions regarding project results
• Interact with municipal and other government agency staff
• Provide technical guidance to staff with expertise in other disciplines
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• University Degree in Civil, Water Resources or Environmental Engineering from an accredited institution
• 10+ years of experience
• P.Eng designation or the ability to register with PEO
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to write detailed technical reports and documents
• Experience in the planning, design and construction of SWM systems
• Experience in Low Impact Development will be considered a valuable asset
• Municipal design experience will be considered a valuable asset
• Experience with hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software packages including HEC-RAS, PC-SWMM, INFOWORKS, MIKE, VISUAL OTTHYMO, and HSP-F. Prior 3D modeling experience will be considered an additional asset
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Civil3D will be considered a valuable asset
• Applicant must have moderate capabilities and be willing to upgrade skills through in-house training.
• Knowledge and application of relevant legislation and related policy documents such as the MOE SWMPD (2003), Clean Water Act, OWRA, Source Water Protection, the Blue Book, Fisheries Act, Environmental Assessment Act and Others.
• Strong project management skills with ability to adhere to project schedules and budgets
• Valid Class G Drivers License and access to a personal vehicle is required
• Ability to effectively use GIS will be considered a valuable asset
Our client is a specialized and dedicated Engineering and Environmental Consulting firm with offices in Mississauga, Guelph and Kingston. With an established team of over 30 consultants and domain experts, it prides itself in being an industry leader providing innovative solutions with practical implications for their clients. Now celebrating their 25th year, their multidisciplinary and adaptive management approach to unique and challenging projects continues to earn them a respected position as a segment leader in their field.