Our client is looking for a Project Controls Specialist with experience in Design Management and Capital Project & Program Management to join their team! This individual could be located in one of their many offices, including: Seattle, Washington; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Chicago, Illinois; Los Angeles, California; New York, New York; Albany, New York; Orlando, Florida; Miami, Florida; Houston, Texas; among others!
We are seeking individuals to address immediate resource needs to help this group fulfill both short and long term objectives. Although they are a well-established global firm, the group is young with a start-up culture.
This individual will work on both domestic and international projects ranging from $3M to $700M in value. Proportionately their current expertise and experience has been with buildings like hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments like mines and wind farms. Join a team of program and project management specialists that’s passionate about achieving predictable project outcomes for clients and communities.
The Project Controls Specialist will be a key point of contact with numerous stakeholders, internal and external to the project.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Develop project/program enterprise structures, i.e: Work Breakdown Structures, and Cost Breakdown Structures
• Perform and manage all budget and cost control functions
• Prepare, update, and maintain integrated project/program schedules for engineering/design, procurement, construction, and commissioning/closeout
• Prepare, update, and maintain cash flow, and earned value studies
• Prepare month-end reports, variance reports, and ad hoc reports as required
• Perform analytics and interpret project/program data for continuous improvement
• Perform monthly audits of project schedule and financial information
• Perform financial reconciliations
• Train, manage, or mentor others
• Administrate the use of Project Management Information Systems in the areas such as budget/cost control, document control, reporting. Technical ability is desired to act as a “super user, including user administration, security and permissions management, user training, and custom reporting queries.
• Perform thorough QA/QC on all deliverables
• Travel, when required – up to 50% of the time to project sites as necessary
Our client’s ideal candidate is creative, analytical, solutions driven, flexible attitude and mindset to consistently meet and overcome challenges on the fly.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include
• Relevant technical college graduate or engineering degree
• 10+ years of experience in project/program controls and project management
• Experience working in a consulting engineering environment (EPCM), Capital Project/Program Management environment, or Construction Contracting environment
• On-site construction experience, previous experience with large construction related projects is preferred.
• Experience is required in the management of project and/or program budget and cost control functions including budgeting, commitment management, change management, estimating, forecasting, and earned value management
• Thorough understanding of project accounting and accrual collection
• Experience in CPM Scheduling including resource/cost loading within Oracle Primavera P6
• Solid understanding of principles and methods related to Earned Value Management
• Ability to functionally coordinate with both internal and external business processes and to blend the requirements of both
• Ability to present technical information to executive level staff
• Experience utilizing various industry standard Project Management Information Systems (E-Builder, Oracle Unifier, PM Web, Prolog, etc.)
• Superior computer skills in the Microsoft Office Suite (specifically desired: expertise in MS Excel) as well as MS Access. Experience with SQL /Share point Applications is preferred
• Must be detail-oriented with exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
Our client is a global top 50 Engineering Consulting firm. Our client exemplifies excellence in employee culture, passionate delivery of projects and champion of quality, service and value for clients across a multitude of industry sectors. Experience what true collaboration with your colleagues and managers. This is a place where people know your name and where you are missed when you're not around. Our client promotes a work hard and play hard credo, but backs it up with ongoing social and networking opportunities. They offer unlimited opportunities for learning, growth, and professional development, placing immense value on allowing every employee to reach their maximum potential.
Project Controls, Project Manager, Program Manager, EPCM, costing, budgeting, scheduling